samsung ln55a950 Reviews from Customers

11:59 เขียนโดย blogger Pro


I did recently purchase the Samsung LN55A950 and must say it has been a remarkable TV.

I rarely write reviews on anything. I don't love LCD or hate plasma. I have no desire to persuade anyone to buy this TV. I am just a guy who ditched a 20-year-old Trinitron because it was, well, time. When it comes to new purchases on anything I wait... wait...wait... and then buy the best I can afford.

I went with LCD over plasma because even though plasma image retention and burn-in issues are declared to "resolved", I frankly was not interested in pampering, break-in or TLC of any kind for a television. I watch - and will continue to watch - a lot of non-16x9 content with black bars at the sides or top/bottom. Also my room is quite bright with a lot of windows and I wanted to be able to crank this puppy up whenever I needed to. I was a bit concerned about potential glare issues on this set but I have had absolutely no problem.

To me, this set has the contrast of a plasma and the "pop" of an LCD. I had a chance to see this set in a store environment prior to purchase (it was set in "dynamic" torch mode, of course). Still, I was immediately struck by the inky blacks of the LN55A950 as compared to any of the other LCDs. This is due largely to the LED backlighting instead of the cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs) used in most large LCD displays. Actually, most LCDs have nice black levels to my non-videophile eye but the LN55A950 was in a category of its own and rivaled any plasma I saw in terms of inky blacks.

At home, I haven't done any calibration yet but out of the box it looks just great. Blu-ray content is spectacular. I also have been quite pleased with the up-scaled quality of standard broadcast and typical DVD content.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น